Friday 14 October 2011

Happy Birthday to you-you-you-you-you-you-you-you-you-you-you...



That time of year again? Birthday celebrations all round!

"I know, seeing as my birthday falls on a Thursday and I'm already going out that night with my family, lets celebrate it properly on Friday! A proper booze up right!? We'll get everybody out and paint the town red! Hooray! Actually, come to think about it, my other half has got a big party planned on Sunday for other family members who couldn't make it Thursday, so... we might as well just extend the celebration, right? Great, a four day birthday! We'll make sure anyone who can't make it Thursday, Friday or Sunday can get down for a drink and a dance on Saturday... And also I might have a pre-birthday drink on Wednesday. I was technically born exactly as the clock struck midnight, giving me leverage for spreading the attention indefinitely over two days. Hooray for me and my birth!"

Is ANY birthday worthy of more than one days worth of celebrating? The short and long answer is dually "No". So stop acting like a boring, childish prick and get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment